In this formation we mix the best of the original music brass quintet repertoire, commissions and arrangements by ourselves and others, to treat audiences to a unique brand of entertainment which captivates all ages.
The ensemble has a lively repartee, touched with humour and personality, to bridge the ocean of classical formality to delight audiences in an evening of great music mixed with fun.
- full scale concerts and recitals
- accompaniment to choral concerts and services
- music for wedding services and receptions
- background music at functions
- concert sharing with other ensembles
As a 10 piece ensemble we perform across a wide selection of musical periods and styles. We play music originally written for these forces alongside arrangements of well known tunes by Bach and Purcell through to The Beatles form the backbone of these concerts, which are provided in a friendly and fun atmosphere.
This is our largest formation and is normally put together every couple of years to perform specific compositions and arrangements for this size.These have included:
- Mussorgsky arr. Christopher Mowat: Pictures at an Exhibition
- Bernstein arr. Eric Crees: West Side Story Suite
- Copland: Fanfare for the Common Man
- Grieg: Funeral March
- Richard Strauss: Festmusik der Stadt Wein
- Michael Tilson-Thomas: Street Song